when asked

i like to say

Oh, yes. I know how to live within a world of hope. A world built by the sweat of my ancestors and painted by the words of politicians. I know how to stuff toothpaste mixed with tissue into the cracks and keep out the fear.

when asked

I can answer with eyes that carry no weight, shrug shoulders that are sun-kissed and unworried. My steps will leave no shadow to illustrate that I have not given a thought to the question. My hips lounge easily, never having been prey they do not ponder death.

i like it this way.

I don't even keep you guessing because that might imply a puzzle. I will open the book and show my sleeves. This is the best defense. To lure you away from the well, I will show I have no broken wings and suggest that you can follow me to an abundant nest. You may rest on my lap, which smells of lavender and jasmine. Restful clouds unfettered. No rain.

this is how

When there are tears, you will know that they are for no other reason but to nourish you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home